Press Up Hospitality is Ireland’s leading hospitality group. With almost 60 venues in the Hospitality and Leisure industry and over 1,800 people on our team, there are great opportunities for advancement across the Group. We are committed to building careers for our best and brightest across all roles. With our continued expansion there is a constant stream of new openings and great prospects for those with drive and ambition.
We are currently seeking a passionate and motivated Sous Chef to join the team in our new opening in Doncaster.
Working alongside the Head Chef the ideal candidate must be capable of leading the kitchen team in the Head Chef's absence. Provide guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited to, line cooking, food preparation, dish plating and overseeing and organising kitchen operations alongside the Head Chef.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- To ensure that all company systems, procedures and standards are adhered to.
- To ensure that all menu items are prepared according to menu specifications manual.
- To ensure that the highest standards of hygiene are maintained and that the Elephant and Castle Food Safety System is strictly adhered to.
- To place daily orders according to business needs and daily sales to ensure fresh product daily and correct rotation of stock.
- Comply with all HACCP legislation and documentation
- Work well within a large team
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Follow all set up and close down procedures
- Control cost and minimise waste
- Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety
- To complete all temperatures checks and record them accurately
- To complete all daily/nightly/ weekly cleaning schedule
- To record all food waste in preparation and assembly areas on appropriate waste sheets
- To attend training session both on job/off job
- To attend all staff meeting
- To work all rostered hours
- Any other duty necessary in the successful execution of your position
APPLICATION: Please email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing