The SO will ensure exemplary standards of Security & Customer Service are always provided to the client and visitors to the site. The SO is the public face of the Security Team and should always act with professionalism. A can-do attitude is essential in this highly influential role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To readily interact with all visitors/tenants within the shopping Centre, delivering first class customer focused service.
- Carry out regular patrols of the shopping Centre as detailed in the Assignment Instructions, being proactive always.
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous, and helpful whilst carrying out duties to the highest standard.
- To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to the site uniform requirements.
- Continuously look for opportunities to be of assistance to visitors at the shopping Centre, proactively helping wherever opportunities arrive.
- To ensure that the site is a safe and non-threatening environment for all visitors.
- Ensuring all incidents are managed in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- Liaising with site control room, proactively reacting to incidents, and ensuring colleagues are always fully briefed and supported.
- Ensure any unsecure areas of the sire are reported to the control room immediately and action taken to resolve.
- To record/log all non-conformances and emergencies with the control room.
- To deal efficiently and effectively with all emergencies ensuring the Centre team are always kept fully informed.
- Intelligent, understanding of human behaviour, monitoring and surveillance of suspect individuals, logging, and reporting incidents in line with site/company policies.
- Maintain vigilance and highlight/manage unauthorised access by banned individuals.
- Provide assistance to third party contractors/visitors, ensuring all site procedures/policies are adhered to.
- To liaise closely with statutory authorities, dealing with incidents and the provision of information.
- Ensure radio procedures are always adhered to.
- Ensure all events/incidents are recorded in the SO notebook correctly and notebook policies are always adhered to.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager.
- Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events.
- Complete all training requirements as requested by your line manager.
- Be able to cover at least 1 additional shift per month if requested to cover absence/annual leave.
- Has a one team approach.
- Able to take ownership of all situations to ensure tasks are completed.
- Flexible approach to change.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities and workloads.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work as a member of a team.
- Willingness and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Report writing/presentation skills.
- Excellent observational skills.
All security personnel are required to be vetted in accordance with Guidelines on Security Screening (BS7858) covering a period of five year. Failure to disclose work history accurately and fully may be detrimental to gaining employment with ABM. You will need to be able to evidence a minimum of 5 year’s written work history – this evidence needs to include any gaps of over 31 days and periods of self-employment. Successful candidates will be vetted by ABM before employment is confirmed. ABM take the vetting process extremely seriously and have a dedicated team who validate employment and investigate gaps. For this, candidates who are invited for an interview must be able to provide a full 5 year or back to school work history, accounting for any gaps and proof of right to work, address and SIA DS licence. Failure to provide this evidence will result in ABM not being able to comply with the BS7858 Standard (the British Standards Institution for screening individuals employed in a security environment) and therefore no offer of employment is able to be made.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range od duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objective will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
£10.00 an hour.
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org