Job Objective & Responsibilities:
As a Deputy Shared Services manager within the retail sector of the business you will be required to deliver the highest standards of security, customer service, cleanliness, hygiene and waste management throughout the shopping centre. The service provided covers all internal and external landlord areas. These include all associated service roads, car parks, toilets and back of house areas as well as the main mall areas. The ability to manage and take responsibility for cleaning, security, customer services and waste operations between the hours of 09:00 and 17:30 with the flexibility of weekend and occasional out of hours cover as and when required. Whilst having the communication skills to liaise with all other shifts including the nightshift is essential.
ABM Services operate in an honest and integral manner, meeting our clients’ demands in the best way possible. We concentrate on putting people first – our employees and our customers. We believe in being open about what we do and how we do it. We are passionate about getting things right first time and delivering value for money. We also concentrate on getting the job done to the highest standard and everything we do is backed up by the quality of our service, our proactive relationship with the client, the creativity of our ideas and the direct approach we take.
This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- To support the Shared Services Manager (SSM) in the operational management of the contract.
- To deputise for the SSM in ensuring the operation is managed in line with company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring high standards of housekeeping, security and customer service are achieved at all times, being flexible, able to meet the changing operational needs on a continual basis and to suggest new initiatives to ensure best practice is continually delivered.
- To provide professional support to the business in service-related matters and promote the ABM Brand at all times.
- To be involved with the control and delivery of the staff rosters and assisting with correct staffing levels ensuring compliance is maintained at all times.
- Assist the SSM managing absence and holiday records including sickness and annual leave for all direct reports.
- To support the SSM in recruitment, induction training, developing and retraining of staff.
- SIA License.
Significant management experience
- Good I.T literacy
- Strong customer focus with attention to detail
- Self-motivation, confidence and enthusiasm.
- Well organized with an attention to detail
- Flexible/supportive team player
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly within a busy, dynamic working environment
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and committed to providing a high quality, professional service
- Ability to prioritise work tasks
- Ability to get on well with others and inspire respect and confidence in team environment.
- Ability to work under own initiative with a proactive outlook
- Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility
- Ability to liaise with the centre management team and client when onsite
- Working proactively in reducing and reporting the number of repeat incidents / issues, through robust analysis and collaborative working.
- Working with internal departments to deliver the required standards and to assist in mitigating any client concerns.
- Capable of delivering excellent customer service skills at management level.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience establishing and documenting new and existing process and procedures.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills an ability to engage with all stakeholders.
CV and Covering letter to Guest.Services@frenchgateshopping.co.uk