Everyone at Frenchgate is gearing up for a summer packed with fun and creativity! Expect events and workshops that are the perfect fit for ‘Our Planet Pledge’ as we try to raise awareness of the impact of climate change. Remember, “small changes make a big difference.”
First up will have the talented hand lettering artist Nikki Whiston Inks who will be hosting two craft workshops where you can have a go at creating your very own customised hanging wooden hearts, and Nikki says she wants you to be as creative and colourful as you like!
We also have Unlocking Fun returning to Frenchgate who specialise in using recycled or reused materials to create beautiful low-cost nature-inspired gifts. Their two workshops will give children the opportunity to make sea creatures from items such as egg cartons, cardboard boxes, disused packaging and more.
Lastly, we can’t wait to welcome decorative ropework creators Stonk Knots who will be running their interactive knotting and rope craft workshops. You will be shown how to create knots that are both practical and decorative, and once you’re done you can go home afterwards with not only your handy work but a new skill as well.
Workshops will be organised on a first come first serve basis and will be free of charge. See dates and times below.
Event dates and times:
- Sat 29th July – Nikki Whiston Inks – 10:00 – 15:00
- Sat 5th August – Unlocking Fun – 10:00 – 13:00
- Sat 12th August – Stonk Knots 10:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 15:00
- Sat 19th August - Nikki Whiston Inks – 10:00 – 15:00
- Sat 26th August – Stonk Knots 10:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 15:00
- Sat 2nd September – Unlocking Fun – 10:00 – 13:00