Combining cut-outs, embroidery and needle lace, broderie anglaise (literally ‘English embroidery’ in French) is a timeless summer trend designed to flatter each and every body type.
Effortlessly stylish and easy to wear, broderie is perfect for adding a touch of femininity to your look – whatever the outfit!
It’s versatile too: this low-maintenance trend can be dressed up or down – it’s lightweight enough to wear if you’re heading to the beach or you can glam it up for cocktail night with the girls.
We’ve put a list together of our favourite broderie looks to give you the inspo to add this summer staple to your wardrobe:
(1) This Brakeburn Midi Skirt is equal parts elegant and fun. Best of all, it comes complete with pockets – what more could a girl want?
(2) If you’re new to the broderie trend, there’s no better place to start than the staple white shirt, and this glam River Island piece is ideal to get you started.
(3) Two of this year’s hottest trends in one! The biggest colour of 2020 is without a doubt lilac, and this stunning H&M mini dress is perfect for long summer evenings.
(4) No one can resist an LBD, and this flirty Bardot dress from Dorothy Perkins would be a dream to wear on date night.
(5) The puff sleeve trend is here to stay, and this Red Herring top from Debenhams is both youthful and casual with a hint of sophistication.
Whatever your style preference, there’s a broderie look to suit everyone – so why not try this season’s most versatile look for yourself? Head down to Frenchgate and see what hidden gems you can find!