Frenchgate is located in a Tier 3 / Very High Covid local alert level area.
Please be aware that food and drink cannot be consumed on site, we are offering takeaway food and drink only.
Here is some more important information to help you plan ahead:
Stores and opening times
- Our shops are open and look forward to welcoming you.
Our opening times will be:
- Mon – Fri: 9am – 5.30pm
- Sat: 9am – 5.30pm
- Sun: 10am – 4pm
- Retailers may change their opening hours to help provide a safer shopping experience. Please check with individual store's for any change in opening hours.
- Our cafes and restaurants are closed but some will be offering a takeaway or delivery option. Due to government restrictions, you cannot consume this food on site so please bear this in mind when purchasing. Leisure operators, such as Flip Out, are closed.
- We are carefully managing visitor numbers, so we can be confident that everyone can maintain social distancing. We’re also continuing with our enhanced cleaning regimes, including regular cleaning of key touchpoints throughout the day. Frenchgate staff have all been provided with suitable PPE such as masks and gloves to help them carry out their roles safely.
Find out more about the Government’s latest advice here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Hygiene and social distancing
The wellbeing of our staff and customers is our number one priority, and so we’ve introduced extra measures to help everyone have a safe and enjoyable visit.
Please help everyone stay safe by:
- Wearing a face covering – this is a MUST in enclosed public spaces, whether you are in a store or in the main shopping centre, your nose and mouth must be covered at all times. Only certain medical conditions and children under 11 are exempt from this legal requirement.
- Please wash your hands regularly. Whether that be in our public toilets or by using the many hand sanitiser stations we have around the centre.
- Do not visit the centre with anyone outside of you rhousehold or support bubble.
- It's important to keep a safe distance from people outside of your household, follow our keep left system at all times, please look out for signage and be considerate of others.
- Use contactless payments wherever you can.
- Stay at home if you, or anyone in your household, has symptoms of Covid-19.
When visiting us, please look out for:
- Hand sanitising stations
- Directional signage and one-way/ keep left systems to support social distancing
- Plexiglass screen barriers at our Guest Service desk
Travel, facilities & services
- The Government advises against travel into areas categorised as Tier 3 / Very High local Covid alert level. For more advice, please check the Government guidance for your local area.
To help keep everyone safe while visiting us, we are making some changes to the facilities and services we are currently able to offer.
- Our Gallery toilets, baby change and disabled toilets opposite the Guest Service's desk are open from 9am-6pm every day.
- Our Level 2 Foodmall toilets and Harper Suite are open from 9am-6pm.
- Every other cubicle in our toilets have been locked off to support social distancing.
- Car parking will be limited.